Privacy and Personal Information
In the course of its business Frontier Training and Technology may collect information from clients or potential Clients, either electronically or in hard copy format, including information that personally identifies individual users. We may also record various communications that Clients or potential Clients have with us.
In collecting personal information we will comply with the national privacy principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection and use of personal information
Frontier Training and Technology will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means which is necessary for the functions of the RTO and is committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of the information provided to us.
The personal information supplied by individuals to Frontier Training and Technology will only be used to provide information about study opportunities, program administration, academic information and to maintain proper academic records. If an individual chooses not to give Frontier Training and Technology certain information then we may be unable to enrol the individual in a program or supply them with appropriate information.
Frontier Training and Technology may use personal information of Frontier Training and Technology clients and non-clients, specifically your name and relevant address details and information about preferences for direct marketing, both as to the preferred communication channels for receiving direct marketing from Frontier Training and Technology and the types of products and services of interest, to let people know about Frontier Training and Technology services, facilities and benefits and those of third-party partners, contractors and/or suppliers to Frontier Training and Technology, where we have recipient consent.
Under Australian law, Frontier Training and Technology is not permitted to do so unless we have consent. Frontier Training and Technology is committed to abiding by the law in all jurisdictions.
Where permitted by law to do so, Frontier Training and Technology or our partners, contractors and/or suppliers may contact persons for direct marketing purposes in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS, telephone, or online advertising.
Communication of your consent
Under Australian law, you may communicate your consent to Frontier Training and Technology use of your personal data for Direct Marketing by:
- when providing Frontier Training and Technology with your personal data through our website, online lead forms, clicking on the submit or register or equivalent button indicating your consent
- when providing the Frontier Training and Technology with your personal data through a form, signing on the form indicating your consent; or
- following the instructions in the document on which you are providing your personal data to Frontier Training and Technology.
Frontier holds personal information in a number of ways, including in electronic databases, email contact lists, and in paper files held in drawers and cabinets, locked where appropriate. Frontier policy is to take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant; and
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can also help us keep your information up to date; by letting us know about any changes to your personal information, such as your email address or phone number.
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information about Clients studying with Frontier Training and Technology may be shared with the Australian and Victorian Governments and designated authorities. This information includes personal and contact details, program enrolment details and changes, and the circumstance of any suspected breach of a student visa condition.
Any person or organisation to whom personal information is disclosed as described in this procedure will be required to not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was supplied to them.
Frontier Training and Technology will not disclose an individual’s personal information to another person or organisation unless:
- the individual concerned is reasonably likely to have been aware, or made aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that person or organisation;
- the individual concerned has given written consent to the disclosure;
- Frontier Training and Technology believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or of another person;
- the disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
Security of personal information
Frontier Training and Technology will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected is relevant to the purpose for which is was collected, is up to date and complete. The steps we take to secure the personal information we hold include ICT security (such as encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software and login and password protection), secure office access, personnel security and training and workplace policies.
Frontier Training and Technology will store securely all records containing personal information and take all reasonable security measures to protect, personal information collected by us from unauthorised access, misuse or disclosure.
While Frontier strives to protect the personal information and privacy of website users, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact the Frontier Training and Technology by phone or post.
If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Subject to the above, where you have consented to receive direct marketing communications from Frontier Training and Technology, your consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. However, you can, at no cost, opt out at any time, in the following ways:
- clients and prospective clients of Frontier Training and Technology can update their communications preferences (including opting out of participating in surveys) by simply clicking on ‘unsubscribe’; and/ or
- clients, prospective clients and non-clients of Frontier Training and Technology can:
send a letter to Frontier Training and Technology Team,
|Address||Victoria735 Pascoe Vale Road|
Glenroy Vic 3046
- advise Frontier Training and Technology team that if they receive a marketing call that they no longer wish to receive these calls; and
- use the unsubscribe facility that Frontier Training and Technology included in our commercial electronic messages (such as emails and SMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
Right to access and correct records
Individuals have the right to access or obtain a copy of the personal information that the Frontier Training and Technology holds about them. Requests to access or obtain a copy of personal information must be made in writing. There is no charge for an individual to access personal information that Frontier Training and Technology holds about them; however we may charge a fee to make a copy. Individuals will be advised of how they may access or obtain a copy of their personal information and any applicable fees within 10 days of receiving their written request.
If an individual considers their personal information to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, they can request that the information be amended. Where a record is found to be inaccurate, a correction will be made. Where an individual requests that a record be amended because it is inaccurate but the record is found to be accurate, the details of the request for amendment will be noted on the record.
Written requests for access to or to obtain a copy of personal information held by Frontier Training and Technology should be sent to:
|Address||Victoria735 Pascoe Vale Road|
Glenroy Vic 3046
Notification of source
If Frontier Training and Technology has collected the personal information that we use to send you direct marketing material from a third party (for example a direct mail database provider), under Australian law you can ask us to notify you of our source of information, and Frontier Training and Technology policy is to do so unless this is unreasonable or impracticable.