|Course:||BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|Delivery Mode:||Online self-paced learning and Face to face|
|Next Intake:||Monthly Intakes|
|Recognition:||Nationally Recognised Training|
WHY BSB50420 DIPLOMA OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
Pursuing a Diploma of Leadership and Management is a stepping stone in the journey to success. If you’re a professional or beginner who hopes to utilise the best of your abilities, grow them, and use them to launch you forward, such a course will genuinely equip you to be the best that you can be.
Frontier Institute of Technology has regular intakes with new groups of classes starting regularly. You can choose to do the course face-to-face in a simulated work environment, or combine it with online course delivery.
Advance your skills in diverse roles in team leadership and management with this course.
Overview (What is the course about?):
Our nationally recognised Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills, and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing, and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse, and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Course Suitability (Is this course for me?)
This course is suitable for you if:
- If you want to gain leadership and management skills in a workplace context
- If you are stepping up in your career as a Manager or Supervisor or a Team leader
- If you are looking for a job, pursuing any AQF Level 4 Diploma qualification in Leadership and Management will enable your CV to reflect your work experience through your qualification.
- If you are looking at getting back to work after a work hiatus, graduating with a Diploma may help you restart your career
If you think this course is suitable for you, the next question you need to answer is, “HOW DO I WANT TO COMPLETE THE COURSE?” We have different modes of delivery and assessment methods that may help you decide which one best suits your current situation. After this, the next step would be to enrol.
Get Your Course Guide
Limited spots available. Get in touch now.
Entry requirements (Am I eligible to enrol?)
Entry Requirements (Am I eligible to enrol?):
- Be 25 years or over
- Be sufficiently proficient in English (read, write and speak) to be able to work successfully in a highly regulated environment
- Have satisfactorily completed a minimum of year 12 or equivalent
- Certification in Business Administration or equivalent is preferred or relevant industry experience
Pre Training Review (PTR)
A pre training interview would be conducted with the applicant by a Frontier representative. This interview will help us identify your prior experience, existing knowledge, skills and suitability for the course. Pre Training Review will be valuable in determining additional support and/or reasonable adjustment required for you to successfully complete the course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Applicants must undertake a language, literacy and numeracy assessment during their induction session prior to beginning the qualification. Results will be assessed on an individual level by the assessor.
Depending upon the level of support required for the language, literacy or numeracy an alternative training and assessment methods may be used or the learners will be recommended to pursue Foundation Skills program, which will help them fulfil the LLN gap and achieve the qualification.
Course structure (How do I complete the course?):
The students enrolled in BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management are required to complete 6 core units and 6 electives
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
|BSBSTR502||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBHRM524||Coordinate workforce plan implementation|
|BSBLDR522||Manage people performance|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work|
Course Delivery (How can I learn and be assessed?)
At Frontier, to suit your learning style, we have adopted different delivery and assessment pathways as per your suitability including online learning. You are advised to identify your delivery method prior to enrolling in the qualification. Frontier Institute of Training and Technology offers the following delivery modes for this qualification:
- Face-to-Face Delivery– It involves structured classroom-based training in a simulated work environment. Each session will allow enough time for the students to learn the topic, undertake practice opportunities and complete / submit set tasks required for assessment purposes. NO Intake dates have been scheduled at the moment
- Self- paced Online Assessment pathway– Self-paced assessment pathway involves the learner undertaking and completing assessment tasks on their own in their own time within the enrolment duration. The Assessment only pathway is suitable for such learners who are self-learners with some work experience to self-train and complete their assessment on their own.
You would be undertaking and completing the assessments online by using our Cloud Assess Assessment Portal. As Frontier is always committed to supporting our students, you would be able to receive weekly one-on-one support sessions from your Trainer and Assessor to clarify collective doubts, discuss topics of your concern or seek guidance on completing your assessment tasks. You would be receiving the support sessions through the Microsoft team. All support sessions are recorded for you to refer to or view later.
The self-paced Assessment pathway is suitable for you, if:
- You are a self-learner and can follow instructions easily to complete your assessment task at your own pace
- You have access to a workplace and colleagues who are willing to support you on your role plays for observational assessment tasks
- You have access to workplace documentation and can provide as samples of evidence to successfully complete some of your assessment tasks wherever requested (Frontier can provide you this if you do not have access to a workplace, please notify us)
- On–the–job learning and assessment–On-the-job learning and assessments are structured face-to-face delivery and assessments where learners are trained and assessed at their workplace by a Frontier Trainer and Assessor within the agreed time and duration which is developed in consultation with the Employer based on the Training Need Analysis. The workplace training and assessment can be conducted one-on-one or with a group of learners from the same employer contextualised to the employer’s need.
Duration (How much time will I take?)
The time taken to complete will depend on the learner and the delivery and assessment method selected.
Intake Dates – Frontier Institute of Technology offers monthly intakes and the course may be commenced at your discretion. Please inquire with the Student Administration regarding intake dates. Intake dates are also published and updated on our website at www.frontier.edu.au.
Course Duration –You are allocated with maximum 1800 hours over a period of 1 year (12 months), however, the course duration will vary depending upon your structured or flexible learning and assessment pathway and the amount of training. If you are unable to complete all the units within 1 year, you will be requested to re-enrol into the units of competency of the qualification that you have not successfully completed yet.
How to apply
You can contact us at:
|First Point of Contact||Lupa Borah|
|Office Hours||9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays|
At Frontier, we have kept our enrolment process easy and quick.
Step 1: Submit your enrolment form
Step 2: Immediately receive an email confirmation along with links to complete your LLN test and pre-training review.
Step 3: Our Student Support or our Trainer and Assessor will contact you prior to confirming the enrolment.
Step 4: On finalising the pre-training review outcome, we will send you the invoice.
Step 5: After we receive the payment, we will send you a confirmation of your enrolment.
FRONTIER INDICATIVE COURSE FEES
Indicative Course Fees and Payment Plans
1. Pay directly with our Account Department
Bank Name: NAB
Branch Number (BSB): 083 004
Account Number: 761977553
After payment, please, send your payment receipt to email@example.com
2. Study Pay
Frontier institute of technology partners with Study Pay – a simple payment plan for your course.
- Application takes 5mins
- Get an instant outcome of application
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or international student living in Australia
- Be 18 years or older OR 16 years old where the parent applies for the plan
- Have a mobile phone and email address
- Payment: Weekly, fortnightly or monthly direct debit
- Be able to service the payment plan repayment amounts
- Repay the plan off in designated plan timeframe
- Payment Plan Amount: $500 to $2,000
- Driver’s Licence OR Passport
- Medicare Card
- Employment Details
- Bank Details
3. Trade Support Loans
As an Australian Apprentice, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Australian Government to help with the costs of undertaking an apprenticeship.
For more information visit the Australian Apprenticeships website.
4. Direct Debit
Ezypay Direct Debit Request Form here
This option is for students who want a convenient payment process to save time.
Payments can be done weekly, fortnightly or monthly and in that way, some of the courses are less than 59$ a week.
Contact Frontier Institute of Technology admin for further info.
If you have further queries, please contact us on (03) 9041-1820
Credit Transfer and RPL (Can I demonstrate my previous academic or work credentials?)
What is Credit Transfer?
You may be eligible for Credit Transfer if you have completed a similar qualification or any of the units of competency listed under the course structure (LINK). You can list the units of competency in the enrolment form and provide a statement of attainment to attain Credit Transfer. This will hugely affect in shortening your course duration.
WHAT IS RPL?
RPL is an acronym for Recognised Prior Learning. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway to gain a qualification if you believe you have the skills, knowledge, and experience gained through work, training courses, and work-based training to meet the requirements of the course.
If you have the required skills and experience in administrative and management and can provide supporting work experience evidence, you may be eligible for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL), for some or all the units of competency as listed in the course structure (LINK)
The RPL process will certainly change the nature of completing your assessment, where you would not be required to attain or complete any assessment task, but provide a list of work samples or portfolio of your work credentials for each unit of competency and has readily provided at least one Referee who would be able to sign and declare the Third-party Report to confirm your expertise, knowledge, and skill to deem competent for the units of competency that you have applied for RPL.
To help you self-reflect on whether you have some or immense work experience and you have repeatedly applied the following performance evidence regularly which is also part of your job role, then you are eligible for RPL. We have listed a few evidence below as part of your portfolio that might help you to plan if you wish to access the RPL pathway to complete this qualification:
- You have developed and can provide work samples, portfolio, or work evidence of business plans, strategised, implemented, and monitored the successful implementation of your business plans.
- You can provide work samples, portfolio work evidence of planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring human resource and performance management and has contributed to organisation development.
- You can provide work samples, a portfolio of evidence of planning, developing, and implementing financial management plans, operational plans, risk, and contingency plans, and team management.
- You can provide work samples and portfolio of evidence of preparing, implementing, and revising budgets, reviewing profit and loss statements, cash flow, and aging summaries which aligns with the business plan is based on research and analysis of previous financial data and cash flow trends and meets all compliance requirements.
- You can provide work samples and a portfolio of evidence where you have developed policies and procedures for workplace diversity, performance management, continuous improvement, information management, and many others in relation to managing a team driving towards project success.
- You can provide work samples and portfolio of work evidence of meeting minutes, discussions, emails et al where you can demonstrate team management, stakeholder consultation for the above specifications.
If you have proof of evidence of all of the above criteria or have samples demonstrating some of them, you could be eligible to access the RPL pathway. Please speak with our student support team for further discussion. We can be reached on 1300-625-102 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.