This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
This qualification (or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it) is also a suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
This course blends fast-track face to face sessions with online self-learning and is delivered as follows:
- Virtual Face to Face in groups using Zoom online platform
- 2x 4hr session per week, choose evening or day class
- Weekly support sessions available
- Get full trainer guidance to understand the elements of each unit thoroughly.
- The online delivery option includes Zoom sessions along with portal work.
- Designed especially for individuals who need to balance between work, family and study.
The total volume of learning is spread across – 408 hrs delivered across 12 months
1. Structured learning based on the timetable selected by the student. It includes lectures, knowledge assessments, skills assessments, projects, and online learning.
2. Learners may be able to complete the course with less duration as per the hours allocated depending on their capability, skill and knowledge and hence the volume of learning may be adjusted accordingly for individual learners which can be determined by the end of the course and as per the training plan records.
Monthly Intakes – Please contact our course advisor for the next intake date
Learners who successfully complete this qualification may be eligible to pursue further studies from AQF level 5 and above within the TAE Training Package or relevant.
Potential career pathways after successful completion would be:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- RTO Trainer
- RTO Assessor
- Training advisor
- Training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher
On successful completion of the course, learners would be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification. Learners would be able to:
- Develop suitable training strategies in relevance to their target cohort
- Learners would be able to plan, organise and deliver training in the classroom and workplace of any group size.
- Learners would be able to plan, organise, prepare and assess competence of their learners as well as develop assessment strategies
- Learners would be able to conduct independent validation and moderation
- Learners would be able to contextualise and develop learning and assessment resources
- Learners would be able to develop LLN support plan and provide LLN support
- Learners would be able to conduct reasonable adjustment, when situation arise
- Learners upon completion are expected to be able to demonstrate the necessary foundation skills required to undertake the course work for each unit of competency at the level listed below, which is not limited to:
- Communication Skills: Interact with others confidently and deliver training in a group based environment.
- Decision Making skills to the level they can provide valid, sufficient, authentic and fair assessment judgments
- Research skills: Navigate the world of work by being able to analyse both primary and secondary data in value judgement