|Course:||BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|Delivery Mode:||Online self-paced learning, Australia-wide and Face to face|
|Next Intake:||Monthly Intakes|
|Recognition:||Nationally Recognised Training|
Pursuing a Diploma of Leadership and Management is a stepping stone in the journey to success. If you’re a professional or beginner who hopes to utilize the best of your abilities, grow them, and use them to launch you forward, such a course will genuinely equip you to be the best that you can be.
With a focus towards business and human interaction, completing the Diploma of Leadership and Management will give you the opportunity to further explore qualification opportunities or to jump straight into an esteemed leadership role that you earned in an industry of your choosing so you will be able to advance your career in the managerial world with your new repertoire of knowledge and skills.
Get Your Course Guide
Limited spots available. Get in touch now.
Our nationally recognized BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management provides knowledge and skills to work in leadership and management roles across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
We aim at equipping the students with not only the knowledge, but also the skills to excel in the field they are pursuing.
This qualification will assist learners to develop initiative and judgement in planning, developing, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. It will also help participants develop skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational requirements.
This qualification allows students to advance their career in diverse roles in team leadership and management. Furthermore, there are pathways into several major Australian universities with this course.
- Be 18 years or over
- Be sufficiently proficient in English (read, write and speak) to be able to work successfully in a highly regulated environment
- Have satisfactorily completed a minimum of year 12 or equivalent
Pre Training Review (PTR)
A pre training interview would be conducted with the applicant by a Frontier representative. This interview will help us identify your prior experience, existing knowledge, skills and suitability for the course. Pre Training Review will be valuable in determining additional support and/or reasonable adjustment required for you to successfully complete the course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Applicants must undertake a language, literacy and numeracy assessment during their induction session prior to beginning the qualification. Results will be assessed on an individual level by the assessor.
Depending upon the level of support required for the language, literacy or numeracy an alternative training and assessment methods may be used or the learners will be recommended to pursue Foundation Skills program, which will help them fulfil the LLN gap and achieve the qualification.
The students enrolled in BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management are required to complete 12 units of competency as listed below:
BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
BSBMGT502 Manage People Performance
BSBMGT516 Facilitate Continuous Improvement
BSBHRM513 Manage Workforce Planning
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
BSBPMG517 Manage project risk
BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
BSBHRM512 Develop and Manage Performance Management Processes
BSBPMG522 Undertake Project Work
You are advised to identify your delivery method prior to enrolling in the qualification. Frontier Institute of Technology offers the following delivery modes for this qualification:
- Face to Face Delivery – It involves structured classroom based training in a simulated work environment. Each session will allow enough time for the students to learn the topic, undertake practice opportunities and complete / submit set tasks required for assessment purposes.
- Blended Learning – a combination of face-to-
face and online course delivery.
- Self- paced learning – Self-paced learning involves the learner undertaking learning and assessment tasks between face-to-face consultations. The extent of self-paced learning is determined by each individual learner and is communicated through the trainer and assessor.
- On the job learning – On the job learning occurs when the learner undertakes structured training within their workplace which is delivered by a workplace supervisor, manager, colleague or workplace trainer
The time taken to complete will depend on the learner and the delivery option selected.
Intake Dates – Frontier Training and Technology offers monthly intakes and the course may be commenced in your discretion. Please inquire with the Student Administration regarding intake dates. Intake dates are also published and updated in our website at www.frontier.edu.au.
Course Duration – 664 hours delivered over a period of 8 months. The course duration may vary upon learners’ prior experience, knowledge and abilities.
How to apply
|First Point of Contact||Ebony Fitzpatrick|
|Office Hours||9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays|
Frontier Indicative Course Fees
Indicative Course Fees and Payment Plans
1. Pay directly with our Account Department
Account Name: Frontier Training and Technology
Bank Name: NAB
Branch Number (BSB): 083 004
Account Number: 761977553
2. Study Loans
Study loans is Australia’s first dedicated private student loan provider. It allows students to have full control over their loans by empowering them to manage and track loans effectively, with simple terms, a responsible funding method and a dedicated student access portal.
- Purpose: Fund education only
- Type: Principal and interest
- Rates: Competitive interest rates offered
- Payment: Weekly, fortnightly or monthly direct debit
- Loan Term: 6 to 48 months
- Loan Amount: $2,001 to $15,000
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Employed in a full-time, part-time or casual job
- 18 years of age or older
- Can demonstrate a capacity to service the loan
3. Direct Debit
This option is for students who want a convenient payment process to save time.
Payments can be done weekly, fortnightly or monthly and in that way, some of the courses are less than 59$ a week.
Contact Frontier Institute of Technology admin for further info.
If you have further queries, please contact us on (03) 9041-1820
Recognition of prior learning
WHAT IS RPL?
RPL is an acronym for Recognised Prior Learning. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway to gain a qualification if you believe that you have the skills, knowledge and experience gained through work, training courses and work based training to meet the requirements of the course.
If you have required skills and experience in a sector, and can provide supporting evidences, you may be eligible for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL), which will provide you a certification based on your experience.
Book your spot today.
Limited apots available. Spots fill fast. Get in touch now.
Frequently Asked Question
What is a Diploma in Leadership and Management?
The Diploma of Leadership and Management provides theoretical and hands on knowledge and skills required to work in distinguished high-level leadership and management roles across a range of enterprises and industry contexts.
This course is for students who want to learn the skills and expertise required to achieve success in roles involving prominent management and leadership responsibilities, which will take you to a new level in developing advanced aspects of leadership and management
Who is this course designed for?
Our nationally recognized BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management provides knowledge and skills to work in leadership and management roles across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. We aim at equipping the students with not only the knowledge but also the skills to excel in the field they are pursuing.
What are the benefits of a Diploma of Leadership and Management?
The benefits of this diploma are to allow students to advance their career in diverse team leadership and management roles in both theoretical and hands on ways.
In this Diploma of Leadership and Management there is a main focus towards building business and human interaction skills which will not only help you in a management position in the workplace but will also help with your everyday management and organisation problems.
How long does it take?
Study at your own pace. The course duration of the Diploma of Leadership and Management is 8 months face to face. The time taken to complete will depend on the learner and the delivery option selected.
What is the entry requirements?
Applicants must be 18 years or over, be sufficiently proficient in English and have satisfactorily completed a minimum of year 12 or equivalent.
Some other benefits of the diploma of leadership and management:
- Able to inspire and motivate others.
- Able to create an atmosphere of comradery.
- Able to approach any problem with critical thinking.
- Able to build up the confidence of others.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively.
- Understand financial information and terminology.
- Learn how to liaise with stakeholders.
- Learn about your own strengths and develop strategies to resolve your weaknesses.
This qualification will assist learners in developing skills such as:
- Initiative and judgment in planning.
- Organise, implement and monitor their own workload and the workload of others.
- Manage and organise meetings and team effectiveness.
- Develop and manage emotional intelligence and effective workplace relationships.
- Develop skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational requirements.
- Develop people management, personal development and workplace technical skills.
- Workplace and real-world skills and knowledge.
- Learn new strategies for the rapidly growing business environment and all its challenges.
- Manage budgets and financial plans.
- Synthesise and analyse information from a variety of sources.
What jobs can I get with a business diploma?
You can get roles in the leadership and management business such as:
- Business manager.
- Human resources manager.
- Sales team manager.
- Executive Director.
- Executive Manager.
- General Manager.
- Senior Executive.
In industries along the lines of:
- Australian Governemnt Public administration and safety.
- Health care and social assistance.
- Education and training.
- Factory and manufacturing.
What kind of jobs I can take after obtaining my certificate?
After successful completion of this course, you can seek job roles such as Team leader, Product manager, Service manager, Business development manager, Human Resource Manager, Sales Manager, Training manager, Senior manager, Australian government administrative department roles.